Want to compare notes? check out what I've been reading, what's on my list, what I have waiting on my shelf and some of the reviews I've written:
- Brave New World, Aldous Huxley. (about 1/2 way now, could not hold my attention too well. will probably come back to it soon.)
- Letters to a Christian Nation, Sam Harris. Follow up to End of Faith
- The God Delusion, Richard Dawkins. (I just picked this back up. Like BNW it wasn't very engaging... until now jun 08)
- Into Thin Air, John Krakauer
- Born Standing up: A Comic's life, Steve Martin.
- The Cult of the Amateur: How Today's Internet is Killing Our Culture. Andrew Keen.
- The Wisdom of Crowds: Why the Many Are Smarter Than the Few and How Collective Wisdom Shapes Business, Economies, Societies and Nations. James Surowiecki.
- The Know it All, A.J. Jacobs
- The Brothers Karamazov, Fyodor Dostoevsky.
- Life Expectancy, Dean Koontz.
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, CrÃƒÂ³nica de una muerte anunciada, El coronel no tiene quiÃƒÂ©n le escriba
- God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything, by Christopher Hitchens.
- The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible by A.J. Jacobs
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason, by Sam Harris.
- Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything. Steven D. Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner. (Completed in April, review pending)
Overtime I also have read tons of books which I did not review, here's a laundry list I update as I remember:
- 1984, George Orwell.
- The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Salinger.
- By H.G. Wells, The Time Machine, War of the Worlds.
- By Stephen King, Four past midnight, Dreamcatcher.
- By Dean Koontz, By the light of the moon, Odd Thomas, Fear Nothing, Strangers, The Face,
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Cien AÃƒÂ±os de Soledad,
- The Old Man and the Sea, Hemingway.
- The future of an illusion, Sigmund Freud
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- Lord of the Flies
I am constantly in search of new books. Whether I go to Barnes & Noble, or Borders I'm always looking for the next thing to read. I usually take a photo of the books I want to get when I browse through the bookstores I visit. You can see some of those photos on Flickr, in this album. If you have a suggestion for me, please feel free to send me a note, or if you'd like to comment on any of the books I have in here, feel free to leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by!