Please notice that if you clicked on the link from your website, to the Quickstart guide, you've been brought back to my website. You're now on my personal blog, you'll find all the available resources and tutorials for your new Free WordPress Website on this page. Bookmark this page, save it as your favorite or tattoo it on your forearm, once you've done that, you can remove the link from the menu on your website. Also notice that I have another great page with resources for entrepreneurs that you may find useful.
If you stumbled upon this page, then it might make more sense if you knew that I build Free websites and so this page is the quick start manual for those free websites. Yes, I can probably build one for you too.
The pages and links under this Quick Start section are for you to learn how to use your website. They contain tutorials, guides and additional information that will help you get started on using your new WordPress website. Thank you again and please ask me if you have any questions.
Please keep in mind, this page is constantly being updated. If you have a question that isn't covered by one of my tutorials or another link I provided, let me know.
You can also tell your friends about the great deal you got by using my Free WordPress installation service. Thank you!
After you get your website, I encourage you to review the following steps:
- How to Log-in to your new free WordPress Website (video). This tells you how to get into your website to make changes and update your content.
- Activating, Installing and Changing Themes (vide0). WordPress websites have a lot of different themes available, free or paid, official or unofficial this quick WordPress video shows you how to install and activate the theme of your choice.
- Activating Permalinks (video coming soon). This one is important and you should do it fairly quickly after your website is delivered to you if it hasn't been done for you already.
- Backing up your website (video coming soon)
- Verify your Backup system is in place. Your backups should automatically begin happening on a nightly and weekly basis and you'll be notified of this. You might have been notified already for the first couple of back-ups, but you must check this and make sure the backups are working as expected.
- Switch to Backup Buddy. As I mentioned on a previous blogpost, there are many options to backup your site, I recommend Backup Buddy and I would switch to it if I were you.
- How to create your first blogpost or page.
- Customizing your Menus. New Blogpost with video.
Additional Free WordPress Website Tutorials
Once you completed the steps listed above, you can review these additional tutorials to help you customize your website further and maximize your experience.
- Complete Quickstart Guide to your new free WordPress website. (video 1:15)
- SEO WordPress Configuration Guide. (video coming soon)
- Updating themes and plugins (video)
- Backing up your Website (video)
- Getting started with WordPress http://codex.wordpress.org/Getting_Started_with_WordPress
- What is a Theme? how do you use them? http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes
- Resetting your password http://codex.wordpress.org/Resetting_Your_Password
- Having Login Trouble? http://codex.wordpress.org/Login_Trouble
- Import Content from other blogs like Blogger, Typepad, Joomla, Movable Type and many others http://codex.wordpress.org/Importing_Content
- Official WordPress Support Forums http://wordpress.org/support/
Other Recommended WordPress Resources and Reading
Beginner's Guides for WordPress: http://www.wpbeginner.com/
Recommended WordPress Paid Themes & Plugins
- Genesis *
- Themify.me *
- ThemesKingdom *
Specific Purpose Themes
- Magazine / Blog
- Non Profit
- Entertainment Themes
- Backupbuddy - Backup your sites locally, to FTP, Dropbox, S3 and other locations.
- Gravity Forms - Do more with WordPress, form and data collection plugin.
- OIO Publisher - Turn your blog into an advertising platform with self-managed ads.