I remember hearing about Vanessa Mae a long time ago, the violin prodigy that started playing music at age 3. She is all grown up. And her music is pretty cool, nevermind that she is hot too! I highly recommend checking her out, her music that is. (wink wink). I have been listening to some of her stuff and I really like it. I love the mix of classical pieces with a contemporary flare. I also got to see some of her videos. Very engaging and worthwhile.
I wonder if her music has been featured in any movies.
Here are a few interesting and amazing facts about her.
- She began playing piano at the age of three and violin at five.
- In April 2006, Vanessa-Mae was ranked as the wealthiest young entertainer under 30 in the UK in the Sunday Times Rich List 2006.
- Born in Singapore on October 27, 1978 - she shares a birthday with the first international violin superstar, NiccolÃƒÂ² Paganini
- Her professional debut was at age 10.
- By 13 she had 3 albums to her name.
If you like classical music, I really think you should check Vanessa out. She mixes old stuff with pop and modern beats, some of the pieces I really like and recommend are:
- Bach Street Prelude - originally form Bach
- Storm - inspired by Vivaldi's Summer from the Four Seasons classical piece we all know.