Today, I want to share with you an interview I did with Syed Balkhi from Optinmonster. Syed is a good friend, but more than that he is the epitome of the American dream. Proof that the American dream is alive and well.
An immigrant from Pakistan, he began his entrepreneurial career at the young age of 7. At age 12, his family came to the US and Syed took what he had learned in five years of selling wares and snacks to his neighborhood and applied it to the digital world.
You can read his story on his own blog, right here.
I meet up with Syed about once or twice a year, sometimes more if our schedules work out and I always have something to talk with him about and something to learn. He's much younger than me, but I feel like I am the student when he's around. I can always learn something new from him.
I think this is a good way of looking at life in general, we are always students, even when we are usually the teachers, we must continue to learn.
During this interview, I asked about success. I asked about habits and how he handles what needs to be done. I also asked him the question everybody wants to ask, what do you do to be successful?
We also talked about his recent acquisition of the popular Google Analytics by Yoast plugin, now renamed to Google Analytics by Monsterinsights.
In the video we talked about a lot of things, so here are links to all that stuff. If I missed any, please let me know:
You can find more about Syed on his personal blog http://syedbalkhi.com/
Optinmonster is used to increase your engagement on your website and to grow your email list.
Soliloquy, arguably the best slideshow plugin available for WordPress.
More related articles & videos
- This blogpost talks about how I used Envira Gallery to replace Nextgen Gallery.
- No more Ultimate plan with Optinmonster? - This was a warning post that Optinmonster was going to get rid of their Ultimate plan; and they did. But the current plans offer incredible value.
- How to get more traffic to your blog part 2. In this post we talk about the email list and some of the tools used for this, included Optinmonster.
- Optinmonster blogpost. This WordPress plugin will increase optin rates to your list.
- Optinmonster's exit intent is one of the best features of the plugin.
- Interview with Syed Balkhi & John Chow at Affiliate Summit.